my banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Captured Fairy - Malinda



Feb. 14, 2011 Malinda was found under a blue mushroom in the forest.

Isn't she cute? This is a new fad going around on the message boards. Like everyone I had to give it a try.

It is very fun and exciting to see how these come together. The hardest thing was finding the vintage photos.

Step 1: Print out a vintage photo and cut it out. My photo was black and white. I colored it with chalk in pastel colors. Step 2: I used velum and a butterfly stamp for the wings. Added bling with stickles. Step 3: add moss or something similar to the bottom. Step 4: add twigs or branches for your fairy to be adhered to. I used a few leaves from my fake tree in the house. Also add a few flowers is you like. Step 5: Put her in the jar. I used a wide mouth mason jar so it was easy to put her in. Step 6: Decorate the back and top.

Simple as that. I hope this has sparked your imagination to create a fairy. Malinda now lives in my mom's house!

No comments: