my banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Sucker bouquet

My brother turned 40 today. He keeps telling everyone he's 29 but we all know better. I decided to make his birthday a little more fun.

This is a sucker bouquet. Very easy to make! I used a crystal light container from walmart for the base. I added a glass jar of cherries inside the container to weight it down. Next use a 6 inch Styrofoam ball covered in tissue paper for the center. Tissue paper can be colored or plain. I used a glittered white piece. I cut the words on my cricut using DS and Don Juan. Layered the happy birthday sentiment and the word sucks. Stickles on the stars for a bit of bling. While that dries cove the container with a piece of paper cut to fit.

Once the words are cut hot glue skewers to the back. Use 2 skewers for the big words and 1 for the numbers. Orientate the skewers to fit the ball. I placed Happy Birthday towards the bottom, then stuck in the Sucks and finally 40 on top.

Now comes the fun part. You need 2 bags of blow pops or similar type of suckers and a 5 lb bag of dum dums. Start pushing them in to cover all the bare spots.

No comments: