my banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Peep wreath

Why didn't I think of this? My peeps on the message boards were slacking on this one as well. Saw this idea on Fox 11. So simple even for the beginner crafter.

You need an 18 inch wreath from M's. Peeps sold in twin boxes (10 peeps in a package) from Walmart you need 3 yellow, 2 pink, 2 green and 2 blue. Of course if you want more of one color then change the order above. I happen to like yellow as a nice spring color. Lots of toothpicks.

Open the wreath outside and shake off loose hay pieces. Will help to avoid a mess inside! Open your peeps the night before you are ready to construct. This makes them more sturdy and pliable. Push in a toothpick where you would like to start about half way. Press a peep on top. You may have to adjust the toothpick if the peep is thin. You will get the hang of it rather fast. I placed 1 peep at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. Then filled in from there. I hope this inspires you to be crafty!

No comments: