my banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ghostly treasure


This is the newest addition to my Halloween stuff. I made the ghost with 2 cheese cloths (cut in half, giving me 4 pieces) and a bottle of fabric stiffener. Blow up a balloon to the size you would like. I used a 11" and placed on a coffee can. Place wax paper down on your work surface. Then mix the stiffener according to the directions. I did a 3 to 1 mix. Place the cheese cloth and stiffener in a zip lock bag. Mash everything together, then pull out the cloth. Lay it over the balloon with some wrinkles. After all it is a ghost and shouldn't be perfect. I put a ribbon around the ghost for a more decorative look.

For the eyes I used George cut at 3". Bat and spiders are from paper dolls. Bat is 5" and spiders are cut at 3". Using 2 faced puffy foam to attach. They seem to be holding on great.

No comments: