my banner

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Recipe Swap April 08 part 2


Got an email asking if I would like to do an additional swap. Since my first was finished, I thought why not. I started on the 15 identical pages again. Now I will get 30 recipes back.

Letter were done with Plantin schoolbook 1". I used the design studio to weld the letters. Only this didn't work. My machine cut each letter separate. Rather than waste the letters, I glued them individually. This lasted for 8 pages. I redid the letters and this went much faster.

The solid turtles are from Animal Kingdom. Turtle side view is 1 1/4" Settings: med speed, high pressure and 5 on the blade. This was thick card stock from hobby lobby. The shell was cut from velum. Settings: med speed, med pressure and 3 on the blade. The head view is 3/4" settings: med speed, high pressure and 5 on the blade.

The outlined turtles are from Stretch your imagination. Silhouette is 1" and 1 1/2". The shadow turtle is 2". Settings: med speed, med pressure and 3 on the blade.

The hardest thing about this 8 x 8 page was glue the outlined turtles down. They were so tiny.

No comments: